Thursday, November 19, 2015

Twix Bars

I originally made and posted this recipe when I was on maternity leave with The Diva. I made enough of them at the time to fix my craving for a very long time. I dusted off the recipe for my beastie's birthday this year. They are still fabulous and fabulously easy.

I thought it would be difficult to spread the caramel or the chocolate/peanut butter mixture, but everything was warm and pretty much poured itself into the pan. Now I just need to figure out how to loose the 20 lbs I'm going to gain eating these dang things...


1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 bag caramels
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 stick butter or margarine
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter

Spread cookie dough in a greased 9x13 pan (I recommend glass pan). This is easiest done by slicing dough into even slices and placing in bottom of pan. Use your fingers to smush into an even layer. Bake at 350 degs for 18-22 minutes, or until edges slightly brown. Place in refrigerator for 15 - 30 minutes to cool.

In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, melt together caramels, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Bring to a low boil and remove from heat. Spread on cooled crust and refrigerate for one hour.

In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir to mix well. Repeat as needed until everything is smooth. Spread over caramel layer and cool.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...