Thursday, August 26, 2010

Certain Girls

Certain GirlsCertain Girls by Jennifer Weiner

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What I liked: This author can WRITE. Her sense of humor is spot-on and I desperately wanted to be best friends with her characters.

What I didn't like: Her 13 year old character was more grownup than I remember being at that age. This is a common complaint for me when grownups write teenage characters, the writer gives them the ability to reason. HELLO! They're teenagers, they don't think the same way grownups do.

Final Thoughts: I enjoyed this book although I was left a little out of the loop because I couldn't remember the first book. There was a twist in the story that took me by surprise, which was a nice change. Probably not my favorite book by this author.

Pub. Date: April 2009

Recommended Reading:
Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner
The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...